Posted on: November 14, 2023
$21.67 per. hour
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good. We are currently seeking an Academic Instructor
who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting. Come join a team that is dedicated
to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Academic Instructor provides instruction in basic education
subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, reading,
writing and language arts, to help inmates/students learn skills
that will contribute to their development as mature, responsible
citizens. The Academic Instructor maintains a positive learning
environment, adopting secure classroom management practices, and
develops level appropriate lesson plans.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and
applicable requirements by contract
- Plan a program of study, lesson plans, assignments, and tests
under general supervision.
- Provides instruction using course outline, handouts and texts,
audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Administer tests to evaluate students' progress and competency
with subject matter.
- Assist students with individualized instruction as needed.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree is required.
- A teaching license is preferred.
- Must possess certificate or license in accordance with
Tennessee Department of Education standards to teach in state of
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon
obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Three years of classroom instruction experience is
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Corecivic, Bowling Green , Academic Instructor, Education / Teaching , Westmoreland, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!