Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 11, 2022
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's
why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an
early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up
countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new
paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to
always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital
future together with us.
YOUR ROLEThe Automation Engineer uses technology to improve,
streamline and further automate the manufacturing process. The
candidate is responsible for planning, implementation, and
monitoring of such technology in a given production cell; while
also maintaining sitewide databases, systems, networks,
applications, electrical hardware and software.
- Identification of new opportunities for automation within the
current/future manufacturing processes.
- Management of a cell automation team, internal project team and
- Designing new automation projects or processes that align to
the strategic digital transformation vision.
- Simulating and testing processes or equipment to ensure they
function as desired.
- Writing reports for senior colleagues outlining new concepts,
testing outcomes, and ongoing efficiency.
- Programming new automation components to the manufacturing
process with Function Block, Structured Text and Ladder Logic
- Developing and maintaining clear and accurate documentation of
automation equipment or processes.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how
automation can improve workflow.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or
business processes.YOUR SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technology Field preferred with and 2-4+
years of experience, OR 7-10+ years of experience in an automation
role with no a degree
- Programming experience: Understanding of software design
techniques, such as modular and phase programming, as well as state
machines in Siemens and Rockwell platforms is highly preferable.
Exposure to batch programming and OMAC PackML is also
- Experience with of industrial networking: Ethernet/IP, Profinet
and ASI. IT networking protocols and architecture are a plus.
- Knowledge of the Factorytalk ecosystem of advanced industrial
applications, including IoT is preferred
- Knowledge in the areas of electrical design, automation system
design, current technologies, human machine interface design, and
- New equipment commissioning and high efficiency start up
procedure experience is highly preferable as well
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, and other legally protected
characteristics.Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from
search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and
resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will
not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an
unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors
may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In
these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in
place and current.All employees applying for an internal position
must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in
a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the
employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job
Keywords: Henkel, Bowling Green , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!