Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: August 5, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide world class quality engineering
technical support to the manufacturing areas and product launch
activities that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Quality
Engineer will support the quality manager in establishing
performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to
meet business requirements, as well as, identify and implement
process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and
quality of company products and services. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Ensures
compliance with the company s Quality Management System and
accepted manufacturing practices.
- Ensures compliance with all Product Safety Procedure
requirements; fully understands and ensures compliance with "our
client's" Product Safety Escalation Process.
- Understands and enforce Critical Characteristics/Special
Characteristics in terms of: controlling the characteristic using
appropriate tools to ensure capability and stability of the process
and product; understands the potential outcome if the
characteristic is not in specification and the liability to the
company if a defective part gets into the field.
- Establish / Maintain Statistical Process Controls at areas of
responsibility, including at all required Product Safety
- Performs Capability Studies at required processes to determine
process stability and defines actions to implement if improvement
- Identifies adverse quality trends as evidenced by statistical
analysis and assists process engineering/manufacturing personnel in
the development of corrective actions.
- Identifies and implements improvements with manufacturing teams
that reduce product cost, improve quality, and maximize customer
- Lead SPS (Simple Problem Solving) teams in root cause analysis
of specific projects and report out to high level staff.
- Reviews and analyze the area scrap data to identify top
offenders / negative trends, determine root cause of issues, and
define corrective actions
- Completes Gage R&R s on all measurement systems / gages at
areas of responsibility.
- Continuously researches and implements "Best Practice"
manufacturing/processing methods and processes regarding
- Works with manufacturing engineering to validate current
processes and components.
- Ensures that effective documentation and control systems are
developed, utilized, and maintained properly.
- Leads new product / equipment launches including new processes
/ equipment validation, gages and fixtures design and validation,
implementation of process controls for product safety
characteristics, customer PPAP documentation, creates controls
plans, inspection instructions, et.al.
- Assists in the design and build of
manufacturing/assembly/processing equipment and processes.
- Coordinates and performs special studies, DOE s and
- Reviews and makes disposition on non-conforming materials.
- Reviews FTF (Functional test Failure) data to identify causes
and define corrective actions.
- Tracks, and drive for closure of RNC (Report for Non
conformity) for the area of responsibility.
- Prepares and makes presentations to customers, employees, and
all levels of the management team.
- Utilizes a teamwork approach to achieve goals with particular
emphasis on Production Teams.
- Provides technical leadership, training and support to
manufacturing teams, as well as, to peers.
- Designs, installs and evaluates quality assurance process
sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques to support
- Establishes and maintains customer quality metrics.
- Drives the reduction of external and internal
- Serves as an IATF-16949 / ISO14000 / VDA Internal Auditor.
- Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures
including requirements for IATF-16949 and ISO14001.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by
the department manager / supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Technical/Industrial
management is required or similar field.
- Requires at least three years of Quality Engineering experience
in a manufacturing facility.
- Requires strong knowledge of IATF16949 quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and leading people,
driving a positive work environment is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and critical thinking skills are
- Must be able to use statistical analysis to define actions and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and
PowerPoint), and Statistical Tools is required.
- Strong Written and Oral communications skills are
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at a time is
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with
emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT
principles is required.
- Machining Processes experience is required
- Welding processes experience is required
- Greenbelt/Blackbelt Certification preferred.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Bowling Green , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!