Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: September 20, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Controls Engineer is responsible for providing controls
engineering support to the manufacturing teams, which includes
Value Stream Leaders, Engineering team members, and Maintenance
team members, in order to define corrective actions and investigate
for continuous improvement efforts. The Controls Engineer will
assist with and/or lead Kaizen initiatives per the World Class
Manufacturing model. Work with and support all plant operations in
World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Develops and implements activities to reduce machine downtime
while increasing process efficiency.
- Researches, designs, and develops controls systems for
industrial use utilizing knowledge in control engineering.
- Provides design and technical support of PLC based hardware and
control systems in a production environment (including Siemens and
- Manages Capital projects from conception to installation as
directed by the Engineering Management team while following OSHA,
EPA and local Building Code regulations.
- Identifies safety concerns while repairing, maintaining and
calibrating automated assembly lines.
- Maintains controls and equipment in a professional manner.
- Understands and maintains all instrumentation systems required
in the assembly processes while working in a team environment.
- Develops and maintains calibration systems and records in
accordance with Quality and Safety Systems.
- Interfaces with outside Machine / Control Vendors for the
purpose of troubleshooting and redefining processes.
- Communicates effectively with Design, Product, and Quality
Departments at the corporate level.
- Develops Electrical and Mechanical Documentation for
- Develops and implements operator work instructions.
- Ensures compliance with the plant policies and procedures
including requirements for TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Requires a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or an
equivalent technical field.
- Requires at least 3 years of engineering experience in a fast
paced, continuous improvement, production environment.
- Requires experience with control systems design, specification,
documentation, programming, troubleshooting, testing, and
installation for automations and manufacturing equipment.
- Requires experience using software driven controls: Programmable
Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley SLC, Siemens Step 7, and RS Logix
5000 Operator interfaces, Fanuc Robot, MES Systems (iGear,
Ignition), process control systems including temperature, position,
torque, and force control.
- Knowledge of control and safety standards, NEC and local codes,
servo systems, PC, PLC, and HMI programming is required.
- Must be able to interpret and modify electrical and mechanical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical
evaluation software familiarity a plus.
- Strong Problem solving skills required.
- Strong Written and Oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis
on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT
principles is required.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime.
- Greenbelt Certification preferred.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Bowling Green , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!