Transportation Manager - RFS
Company: Reinhart Food Service
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: February 13, 2019
The Transportation Manager is primarily responsible for the execution of the daily operating plan and transportation processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years related management experience with previous experience in operations and transportation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology based routing and electronic logging systems.
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and general customer satisfaction
- Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Food Service Distribution experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Directly and indirectly supervise the transportation staff and drivers.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Manage operations policies and standards, including safety procedures for the handling of goods.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct investigations of all accidents, and recommends corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with transportation related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- A thorough understanding of DOT regulations, promote safety initiatives, the ability to implement change, and perform.
- Act as a mentor for all department employees and foster a positive work environment.
Position Requirements:Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reinhart Food Service, Bowling Green , Transportation Manager - RFS, Executive , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!