Certified Nursing Aide Day shift 1 positions
Company: Bowling Green Nursing and Rehabilitation
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 8, 2021
DESCRIPTIONPOSITION PURPOSE:Ensures that resident's personal
care needs are being met in accordance with Residents' wishes and
Care Plan Objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine
residents' needs and ensures call lights are within reach of
- Ensures that residents' who are unable to call for help are
- Gives direct resident care such as bathing, dressing, and
grooming of residents.
- Explains procedures to residents.
- Assists residents as necessary in their activities of daily
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions.
- Assists residents in preparation for and transporting to
appointments, activities and social programs.
- Assists with lifting, positioning and transporting residents
into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.,
in keeping with specific resident safety needs.
- Provides incontinent care as needed.
- Dresses resident appropriate to the current weather.
- Notifies Supervisor if resident needs clothing.
- Changes bed linens.
- Handles linens according to infection control guidelines.
- Feeds residents requiring help and records meal intake.
- Delivers and documents all snacks and supplements.
- Offers fluids to residents frequently to ensure that residents
are hydrated where designated by care plan.
- Reviews and implements daily nursing needs as outlined by
resident Care Plan or nurse managers.
- Transports residents or assists residents with mobility
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with
- Takes and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse rates,
respiration rates, height, weight, and food and fluid intake and
output, as directed.
- Monitors resident's activities and reports any irregularities
of resident performance to nurse managers.
- Participates in and receives nursing report upon reporting and
departing to/from work.
- Reports all changes in residents' conditions to
- Cleans instruments and equipment and returns to proper area
- Maintains cleanliness of residents units, central bathing area,
treatment and supply rooms, workrooms, and linen closets.
- Provides post-mortem care as instructed.
- Accurately records all care as directed.
- Participates and attends periodic in-services and staff
- Understands and adheres to the guidelines of "Residents
- Perform additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION/
REQUIREMENTS:Ability to communicate with residents and nursing
staff. Ability to speak, read, and write English. Prior experience
as LTC nursing assistant preferred; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Successful completion of State Approved
Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Program. Good
standing in the state registry is required.LOCATION1561 Newton Ave,
Bowling Green, KY 42104, USA
Keywords: Bowling Green Nursing and Rehabilitation, Bowling Green , Certified Nursing Aide Day shift 1 positions, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!