Cath Lab Travel Registered Nurse
Company: Vero Travel Nursing
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Travel Registered Nurse
Vero offers contract travel nurse assignments in domestic and
international locations. Through client partnerships, we place
healthcare professionals in leading rural hospitals, level 1 trauma
centers, and academic research facility emergency rooms.
At Vero, we pride ourselves on delivering the following core values
to every nurse: excellence, integrity, urgency, perseverance, and
care. We go beyond finding you just a job placement, we focus on
your individual needs. We are your partner for the journey ahead.
We will do whatever it takes to keep you satisfied.
- High Competitive Pay Packages
- Weekly Payroll Deposit
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance Available 1st Day of
- Generous 401(k) Plan & Company Match
- Licensure Reimbursements
- Experienced Clinical Nursing Staff & Dedicated Supportive
Recruiting Team available 24/7
The Registered Nurse provides general nursing care to patients in
hospital or similar healthcare facility by
performing the following duties, in compliance with Vero RN and
hospital standards of
maintaining confidentiality, integrity, quality care and
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduate of Nursing Degree from accredited college or be a
graduate of an approved Registered Nursing Program.
- One (1) year or more of professional clinical practice as a
Registered Nurse on the floor in the United States.
- Current BLS/CPR training with card, any other specialty
certifications required for working in specific specialty area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain
cooperation, understanding, and alleviate apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment and
examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions,
and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's
condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs
to detect deviations from normal, assess
condition of patient and responds appropriately.
- Makes beds, bathes and feeds patients.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing
standards, policies, procedures and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the
individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by
physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family
- Completes required hospital orientation at assigned
- Floats among various clinical services (where qualified and
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement
- Performs duties under the direct clinical supervision of the
- Safeguards confidentiality of patients and client.
- Follows hospital safety rules and procedures while Around The
- Reports unsafe work conditions to the attention of your
- Follows facility's Exposure Control Plan based on OSHA's
Bloodborne pathogen Standard and CDC
guidelines for healthcare personnel (Standard Precautions means
treating blood, all body fluids, excretions and
secretions, plus non-intact skin and mucous membranes as though
infected with bloodborne or other pathogens.
Standard Precautions incorporates features of both Universal
Precautions and Body Substance Isolation practices
to protect you against the risk of bloodborne pathogens as well as
pathogens from moist body substances.
Remember that all body fluids pose a potential risk of
- Uses PPE where appropriate.
- Work is on medium physical demand; walking and standing most of
the time on duty.
- Frequent lifting of patients.
- Frequent lifting, reaching, bending, handling and fingering
instruments and caring for patient's needs.
- Hearing to distinguish differences in heartbeat and breathing
- Near-visual activity to read gauges.
- Color vision for perceiving changes in patient's skin color and
colors of medications and solutions.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity to coordinate hands,
eyes and fingers.
--- - - - - - - Successful completion of a BSN, Diploma, or
Associated Nursing Degree Program --- - - - - - - Valid BLS & ACLS
certifications --- - - - - - - Valid professional state registered
nursing (RN) license required --- - - - - - - 2+ years of relevant
experience in a hospital facility required --- - - - - - - Three
Keywords: Vero Travel Nursing, Bowling Green , Cath Lab Travel Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!