Clinical Social Worker - Level III
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Position Summary: As a member of the interdisciplinary team, provides clinical social work services to patients and families as assigned. Services include: assessment, counseling, assistance with financial and legal affairs, plans for care giving, and emotional support. As a KY Social Work Board approved clinical social work supervisor, provides clinical supervision for Clinical Social Worker - Level I, collaborates with Clinical Managers and the Executive Director of Psychosocial, Spiritual, & Counseling Services in the professional development of Clinical Social Worker Level - I, and facilitates clinical social work supervision groups, as assigned. Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts thorough diagnostic evaluation of psychosocial, emotional, environmental, cognitive, and behavioral issues, including risk factors.
- Demonstrates clinical skills in establishing a therapeutic relationship with the patient/family.
- Provides individual and family counseling based on knowledge of psychodynamics, psychopathology, group dynamics, family systems, and human growth and developmental needs throughout the life cycle.
- Provides grief counseling and bereavement treatment to individual, families and/or groups.
- Offers a variety of treatment modalities as indicated including, but not limited to, the following therapies: solution-focused, family, cognitive, insight-oriented, guided imagery, reality, narrative and motivational interviewing.
- Implements other psychosocial interventions identified in the interdisciplinary plan of care including care giving end of life, advocacy, resource acquisition, nursing home placement.
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to KY and/or IN Board of Social Work Laws and Regulations.
- Demonstrates effective communication, relationship building skills, and coordination of treatment and care with IDG and Hosparus Health staff to achieve quality outcomes.
- Participates in development of the interdisciplinary plan of treatment and hospice care, including ongoing evaluation of progress towards emotional, behavioral, cognitive, psychosocial goals and subsequent modification of the plan.
- Participates in on-call services and/or responds to requests for psychosocial/emotional care outside normal business hours.
- Identifies roles for volunteers and other services, when appropriate.
- Supervises interns/students, as assigned.
- Acts as clinical social worker leader and resource.
- Meets one hour weekly or two hours every other week with Clinical Social Worker - Level I as per SW Board regulations, and facilitates social work supervision groups as assigned.
- Completes psychosocial assessment in a timely manner.
- Documents contacts with/on behalf of patient/family that are concise and reflect assessment, planning, interventions, evaluation and closure according to timeliness standards.
- Reflects productive and efficient practice in daily work, according to departmental goals and expectations.
- Documents all supervisory sessions, group or individual, according to standards.
- Reviews Clinical Social Worker - Level I clinical record documentation and observes clinical competency on field visits as needed.
- Serves as professional resource for psychosocial and clinical social work related issues.
- Demonstrates effective communication and relationship building skills with mental health, social services and advocacy leaders and agencies.
- Provides community education and outreach upon request. Position Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Kentucky or Indiana required.
- Must have completed and stay current with the KY Board approved LCSW supervisory training per board requirements for LCSW supervision.
- One year Social Work experience in health care preferred.
- Must have minimum of five years clinical social work experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license in accordance to policy.
Keywords: Hosparus, Bowling Green , Clinical Social Worker - Level III, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!