Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Position Summary: The Visit Registered Nurse is responsible to assess and identify patient/family needs, and to plan, implement, evaluate and document the individualized hospice nursing care provided to a patient in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care and the policies and expectations of the Clinical Services Department. The Visit Nurse is responsible for care coordination and collaboration among the Interdisciplinary Group and other medical providers, and supervises the hospice care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants. Assigned patients may be in a home, skilled nursing facility, assistedliving facility, or acute care setting. The Visit Registered Nurse may make visits to home patients specific to team nurse coverage needs, unplanned visits, visits to follow up on new admissions as needed, conduct admission visit for medically eligible patients into Hosparus Health care, or conduct facility to home admissions as needed. The Visit Registered Nurse demonstrates excellence in nursing practice for assignments and is supportive of the organization's needs in providing nursing care and services to all Hosparus Health patients.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts/documents a thorough nursing assessment that identifies variations from baseline in patient status including risk factors.
- Assesses the need for, and evaluates all care, treatment, and services.
- Identifies educational needs of the patient and family.
- Utilizes knowledge of Hosparus Health Patient Care Guidelines and Clinical Protocols in the development of nursing interventions.
- Communicates and collaborates with the patient's attending physician if applicable, regarding care and treatment.
- Develops initial Plan of Care for the Interdisciplinary Team and/or reviews/revises POC as patient status changes and/or per regulatory requirements, driven by needs identified as significant by patient and family.
- Initiates, reviews, and revises CNA plan of care based on patient status. Supervises the delivery of CNA care.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in principles of symptom control, pain control, and palliative care.
- Prepares patients and caregivers adequately for discharge from Hospice care when appropriate.
- Prepares family and caregiver for the dying process, including signs and symptoms of impending death and notification of Hosparus Health at the time of death.
- Consistently evaluates medical eligibility criteria of patient as well as goals and related interventions to the plan of care.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and in a timely manner with team members.
- Coordinates care of patient/family with support staff as well as other team members as necessary.
- Collaborates with team members, including Hosparus Inpatient Care Center staff, Bereavement staff and others, to assure coordination in delivery of care.
- Demonstrates collaborative and collegial relationships with Interdisciplinary Teams, support departments such as Customer Support and Scheduling, Preauthorization team, and others to assure coordination and continuity of care and services.
- Mediates and solves problems effectively.
- Communicates with all community partners and referral sources, as well as with families in a positive manner, consistently seeking win-win solutions.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient care by participating in on call, weekend, evening, and holiday rotations.
- Works with Interdisciplinary Teams to assure effective, cost efficient care.
- Participates in the evaluation of department functions, identifying trends and areas for improvement as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for preauthorization of all patient care, treatment and services delivered by external providers.
- Completes medication reconciliation at all visits comparing EMR profile to pharmacy profile and medications present in the home or facility. This includes promptly notifying the pharmacy of changes in orders.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Manager/Clinical Director to assure completion of duties, on-call as applicable, scheduling and arranging coverage for all areas of nursing service.
- Completes point of service documentation in a timely manner.
- Consults with manager for questions and concerns regarding urgent needs/issues that arise.
- Achieves organizational standards for individual measures of success as defined by community leaders (visits per week, length of visit and timeliness of documentation).
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice admission criteria and is able to communicate the hospice philosophy in providing information to patients and families, referral sources and the public.
- When conducting admission visit meets with patient/family to identify needs and offer hospice solutions, assesses the patient to ensure medical eligibility for hospice care, reviews relevant medical records, assessing for the documentation to support medical eligibility.
- Serves as a professional role model by providing individual expertise, knowledge and skills.
- Assumes the role of nurse preceptor.
- RN with current RN licensure in the state of Kentucky and/or Indiana as required by designated position, or the ability to obtain required license/s upon offer of position.
- BSN desired.
- Certification in hospice/palliative care preferred.
- Two years of nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of palliative care helpful.
- Must have a valid driver's license in accordance to policy.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Keywords: Hosparus, Bowling Green , Visit Nurse, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!