Pharmacy Technician Cert
Company: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
TriStar-Greenview Regional HospitalCertified Pharmacy TechShift:
Our Mission- Above allelse, we---re committed to the care and
improvement of human life.For us, it's all aboutpeople. Here at
HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients,employees,
and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by the over
30,000volunteer hours we provide annually, industry leading patient
satisfactionscores, and defined pathways for the personal as well
as professional growth ofour employees. Our dedication has to
awards of recognition including beingnamed a--World---s Most
AdmiredCompany--by--FortuneMagazine.--Are you looking for
anemployer with many different career options and a people-focused
culture?You---ve come to the right place.--A few of the benefits
weprovide you: Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional
Academy---Emerging Leaders Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan
Forgiveness Programs 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) Employee
Stock Purchase Plan Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance New
Extended Family Leave Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible
Spending Accounts Hundreds of consumer discounts Financial Fitness
Program with a Certified Financial PlannerAbout this
opportunity:Long established as an important part of Southern
Kentucky. TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint
Commission-accredited, 211 bed hospital located in Bowling Green
Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded
Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain
Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and and Orthopedics program
featuring Blue Distinction designation for hip and knee
replacement.--The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for
all stocking, filling/refilling, computer input of charges.-- The
Certified Pharmacy Technician is also responsible for pre-packing
and storage of non-IV medication and filling unit dose carts. The
Pharmacy Tech delivers medications, including controlled substances
and emergency drug supplies, to nursing units, dispensing machines,
and emergency carts. Responsibilities:
- Counts, packages, and labels unit does for inspection by
- Assists pharmacists as directed, including filling orders and
- Prepares I.V. mixtures and operates automated systems.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and performs clerical duties.
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government
regulations and performs dispensing duties--accordingly.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and
ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Completes unit/floor inspections as assigned.
- Participates in maintaining department inventory levels
- Orders medication based on PAR levels
- Orders medication based on clinical needs in conjunction with
- Works with DOP or designee as needed in inventory management
- Participates in maintaining department formulary
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees
through identifying, correcting, and reporting health and safety
- National certification as a Pharmacy Tech (CPhT).--
Certification may be obtained through the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board (PTCB) or the National Health Career
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Kentucky
Board of Pharmacy within 30 days from hire.
- Previous pharmacy tech experience in a hospital setting
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Basic computer skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.Notice
Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL, Bowling Green , Pharmacy Technician Cert, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!