Supervisor (Part-time) The WKU Store
Company: Barnes & Noble Education
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: September 22, 2022
IntroductionBarnes & Noble College is a retail partner for
nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail
environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community.OverviewBarnes & Noble College is seeking a resourceful,
driven, adaptable, and customer-focused team member to work varying
or set schedules on a weekly basis year round as a part-time
Supervisor. The Supervisor will provide assistance to the
management team, have oversight for booksellers within a specific
department, satellite location, or store in the absence of upper
management while providing outstanding customer service to the
academic and co-curricular community.ResponsibilitiesAs a
Supervisor you will spend the majority of your time on the sales
floor coaching and modeling Wow customer service. You will help
train and oversee the daily work activity of booksellers in one or
more departments in the store or for specified operational
functions. You must be knowledgeable about department and store
operations; provide outstanding customer service to the academic
and co-curricular community; help enforce loss prevention
procedures; and ensure that your area of responsibility is
maintained, properly merchandised and the store is operationally
- Spend the majority of your time on the selling floor
delivering, coaching, and modeling exceptional customer
- Maintain a working knowledge of all departments in the store to
provide daily support, direction, and guidance to customers and
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints and escalating
problems to the management team when necessary.
- Assist in the daily operation of the store in partnership with
the management team and act as the Manager-on-Duty in the absence
of the manager or at satellite locations.
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to
booksellers to manage and accomplish multiple projects to ensure
the proper execution of the workload.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments as needed.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly
basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of
the store.Physical Demands :
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders.COVID-19 Considerations :Our stores comply with
all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 2+ years experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.EEO StatementBarnes & Noble College is an
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.Job Locations
US-KY-BOWLING GREENID 2022-1278Category Retail Sales
AssociatePosition Type Regular PT
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Bowling Green , Supervisor (Part-time) The WKU Store, Hospitality & Tourism , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!