Full Time Guest Services Agent
Company: Fairfield Inn & Suites
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Job Description: Guest Services Agent*
*Immediate Supervisor: Front Office Supervisor/Assistant General
*SUMMARY: * Front desk agent represents the first point of contact
with guests and handles all stages of a guest's stay as well as
accommodates all guest requests.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES* include the following.
Other duties may be assigned by a manager or supervisor as
* Adhere to all Anderson Hospitality Group, LLC policies and brand
* Providing check-in/check-out services for guests.
* Running shift checklist reports.
* Responsible for handling cash and processing credit card
* Completing shift duties which include stocking the market,
cleaning and organizing workstation and addressing all guest
* Assist breakfast staff when they need assistance/busy
* Providing topnotch customer service to everyone and maintaining
proper communication with fellow staff
* Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key
and room directions to Bellman or guest.
* Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
* Transmits and receives telephone messages.
* Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of
guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel
* Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
* Upgrade room types per request.
* Creating and modifying reservations.
* Computes bill, collects payment, and makes changes as required
* Makes and confirms reservations.
* Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone to
* Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
* Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to
maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
* Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting guest
* Name tag worn at all times.
* Insures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered
within three rings.
* Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist
guests when questioned.
* When responding to the switchboard, the proper telephone script
must be used at all times.
* Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request
* Room directions, along with hotel outlets, along with hours of
operation must be explained to all guests.
* Outgoing facsimile messages must be sent within five minutes from
the time requested.
* Guests must be notified of an incoming fax within five
* When approached by a guest with a problem, associate will empower
himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer
in solving the problem.
* Interacts with internal and external customers in a positive,
professional and accommodating manner.
* Telephone messages must be communicated to the guest within one
minute of receiving the call.
* Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to ensure
guest is completely satisfied.
* Associate will understand the financial goals of their department
* Associate will understand the role they play in attaining the
financial goals of their department and hotel.
*QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: * To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work days, evenings
or nights any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
* Must have exceptional customer service skills
* Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy
environment and remain flexible
* Ability to work well in a team environment
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: * High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
*LANGUAGE SKILLS: * Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other associates of the organization.
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: * Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
*REASONING ABILITY: * Ability to apply commonsense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: * The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally
required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fairfield Inn & Suites, Bowling Green , Full Time Guest Services Agent, Hospitality & Tourism , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!