Production Worker - Temporary Part Time $16.67/hr
Company: General Motors
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who
are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool
changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and
equipment.Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team
environment where Global ManufacturingSystem (GMS) principles are
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour.Holiday pay and health care
options after 90 days.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility
satisfactorily.The requirements listed
belowrepresenttheessentialknowledge, skill, ability and/or physical
demands required.Additional or different requirements may exist in
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner
andcontributeto a culture thatpromotes safety as its overriding
Performa variety of duties, includingbench, floor,or conveyor
assembly workinvolvingstandardized work elements.
- Usecomputerized equipment and engage in activitiessuch
- Perform predictive, preventive,and reactive maintenance
activitieson all equipment in assigned work area.
- Read, comprehend,and follow written, standardizedwork
instructionsand trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
Learnnew tasksand adapt to frequentjob dutychangesas required by
business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet production
- Work in a dynamic and fast-pacedmanufacturing
- Regularly report for work on time to support production startup
and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina andcoordination.Specific physical
requirements of the position includethe ability to:
Walk and standfor prolonged periodsof time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and
tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detectand respond tosafetyinstructions,alarms,and
- Wear personal protectiveequipment,for example:safety glasses,
gloves, hats, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Workin a loud manufacturing environment thatis not climate
controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds
andperiodicallycarry or lift materials weighingup to 40
- Use hand positioning to grip/grasp devices such as hoists and a
wide range of power and vibrating tools or other equipment.
Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive
vehicles and equipment.
Additional Job Description
These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which includehair drug testing and a
At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift as well asovertime hours on those shifts
with little notice
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Bowling Green , Production Worker - Temporary Part Time $16.67/hr, Human Resources , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!