Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 14, 2020
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 77391 - Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we
transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering
innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people.
If you're interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for
pets, we invite you to apply to our Operations Assistant position
at our Bowling Green, KY dry pet food manufacturing facility.
This position assists the operations technicians in meeting or
exceeding daily production goals by providing support in the
following production areas and functions: material and equipment
handling, changeovers, quality checks, cleaning and sanitation, and
finished goods inspection. This entry level position serves as part
of a talent pool from which Full Time Operations Technicians will
be developed and selected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends team meetings and insures the effective transfer of key
information from incoming and outgoing shifts
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment throughout the packaging and
- Handles stacks of all bag sizes (1-50 lbs bags) as needed
- Assist technicians with the preparation and execution of line
changeovers, including primary and ancillary equipment
- Conducts product sampling and quality checks in an effective
and timely fashion
- Assists with finished goods preparation and inspection;
including top cap placement and inspection checklists
- Produces end of shift reports that include: number of pallets
produced and amount of pounds produced through finished goods
- Responsible for managing Dump back/Regrind/Reblend product
- Monitors and support line operation during lunches and breaks
or as needed
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work area
(requires sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, shoveling, and
- Identifies and communicates production issues to appropriate
personnel as needed.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety standards according
to the published Hill's Safety Policy at the Bowling Green
- Production line waste removal and disposal
- Participates on other cross-functional operation teams as
- Other job functions that may be assigned*
* All of the essential job functions include, but are not limited
to, the duties and requirements listed in the job description.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly for extended periods of
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals in non-temperature
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees
repeatedly, squat and lay prone to the floor for extended
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated competency of Attention to Detail, Work Standards,
Initiative and Managing Work
- Technical college/vocational school certificate or Associates
degree in related field highly preferred
- Food safety experience a plus
- Previous manufacturing work team experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in problem solving/decision making,
effective communication, results oriented, and job fit
- Highly competitive pay
- Quarterly bonus opportunity
- Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that
start the first day of employment
- Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions
- Success Sharing program based on company performance
- Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
- Training and development opportunities
- Company provided and laundered uniforms
- Safety shoe allowance
- Company store with Hill's Science Diet and Colgate-Palmolive
products at discounted employee prices
- Workout facility
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can
apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover
letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not
considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We
look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a
purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.
HILL'S-- Prescription Diet-- therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S--
Science Diet-- and HILL'S-- Ideal Balance--- wellness pet foods are
sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a
leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral
Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of
products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and
Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and
http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook,
Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is
available for persons with disabilities. Please contact
Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject
"Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Keywords: Colgate-Palmolive, Bowling Green , Operations Assistant, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!