Warehouse Supply Chain Planner
Company: Champion Petfoods
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Champion Petfoods is excited to announce that we are looking for
a Production Planner to join our rapidly growing company. With
thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN
and ACANA brands define our vision of being ‘The Global Leader in
Advancing Premium Food for Pets.’ If you are passionate about
personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player
contributing to our continued success – we would love to hear from
This is an incredible opportunity to join our award-winning company
and become an integral member of our Supply Chain team. The
Production Planner is responsible for planning of finished goods
inventory & scheduling. This key role works in unison with
essential suppliers to ensure premium products are secured and
delivered timely and meet Champion’s high-quality standards.
The Production Planner works out of our state-of-the-art production
facility in Auburn, KY and reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Plan production for all finished goods for the Auburn
- Responsible for the procurement of all packaging associated
with finished goods.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with the operations teams to review
and/or amend the supply plan for the production schedule.
- Supply chain management support, including assisting in
implementing process improvements and assisting in planning,
organizing, and evaluating supply chain activities.
- Act as the liaison between the corporate Demand Planner and
Commercial Services department and communicate any supply
- Assisting in analyzing inventory needs based on sales trends,
inventory levels and supply/demand analysis
- Must be capable of rough-cut capacity planning.
- Maintain and update item master data as needed.
- Working with customer service groups and providing updates to
- Maintain awareness of internal and external factors impacting
supply chain and assist in making alternate arrangements in the
event of shortages, overages, or delayed deliveries to minimize
impact on the organization.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management or
- CPIM or CSSP certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role; experience
from CPG industry a plus
- Experience and application of MRP & ERP software systems.
- High level of MS Excel application and some SQL
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and
logistics concepts and theories.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Demonstrated work experience of successful JIT (Just-in-Time)
- Proficient mathematical skills with ability to calculate
figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid conflict
resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate
departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team and
- Ongoing training to keep up to date on regulations and software
- Some travel may be required.
What Champion offers
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits start Day 1
- Two weeks’ vacation
- Third week of vacation on anniversary hire date
- Fourth week of vacation on 5-year anniversary date
- Four weeks paid parental leave
- Annual Bonus Program
- Company match 401k
- 11-paid holidays
- Monthly premium pet food allowance
- Uniforms, safety footwear and PPE provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Climate Controlled, state-of-the-art manufacturing
Keywords: Champion Petfoods, Bowling Green , Warehouse Supply Chain Planner, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!