Facilities Electrical Engineer
Company: General Motors
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: April 30, 2021
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions
and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate
about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people
to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as
we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are
committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where
differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can
contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our
locations feature a variety of work environments, including open
work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire
productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to
support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority
to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage electrical distribution equipment per GM Facility and
- Manage power distribution drawings and support documentation
including Arc Flash, Red Lock, etc.
- Manage changes to the electrical power distribution
- Manage required PMs and testing of plant power distribution
- Update and revise ACAP system as it relates Facilities
- Manage ESWP glove, 40 Cal. Suites, Hot Sticks, etc. for the
site. Inclusive of inspections and PMs.
- Actively participate as a member of the ESWP (PS4) and Lockout
- Function as the Local Business Administrator for Maximo.
- Champion WSS 4.6 for Safety Inspections & PM.
- Manage the Plant Security systems. Inclusive of surveillance
Cameras and Badge Entry, Plant Fire Alarm System, etc.
- Function as the ME Cyber Security one-point contact for the
- Update and audit Share-point Sites for the plant.
- Support day to day facility electrical issues.
- Support for Facilities Controls e.g. Plant Ventilation Systems,
Powerhouse, WWTP, etc.
- Provide safe electrical decommissioning of electrical
- Provide support and direction to electricians on controls and
- Manage Facility related contracts for the Plant.
- Develop cost and timing for new plant projects
- Execute projects to budget on schedule.
- Develop specs for plant projects, work appropriate procurement
system (SAP, PDMP, NPP), schedule and manage projects with contract
or internal resources.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed by
contractor and internal resources.
- Strongmanufacturing knowledge and strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles and
- Demonstrate high level of analytical ability, communication and
interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team
members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and
assignments with medium level of autonomy and high accountability
for results (may work under the direction of a more seasoned
- Demonstrated ability in project management skills
- 1-3years of experience with industrial electrical power
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with GM asset management, procurement,
and safety systems and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with Allen Bradley Rockwell expertise
in PLC's and VFD's, Fanuc Robotics, Siemens HMI experience. Device
Net and Ethernet communications networks.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in electrical engineering or
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Bowling Green , Facilities Electrical Engineer, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!