Flex Security Officer
Company: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc.
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
Provides protective service at various locations on a relief,
peak period or emergency basis. Observes and reports activities and
incidents at assigned client sites, providing for the security and
safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to
check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire
control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce
regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel,
visitors, and premises.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Duties include essential
function of routinely working various sites as assigned by the
company. May be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of
command in conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate
the delivery of service, according to business necessity.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
Trains to perform security services at a variety of locations;
as assigned, travels to and performs security services at sites
with or without advance training on a relief, peak period or
emergency basis; quickly learns and follows site specific
procedures for security services.
Controls access to client site or facility through the
admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain
entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an
efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site
Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and
visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their
needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction
with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point
of view; presents a good image of the client and its security
Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in
all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information
regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by
Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or
unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and
vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle
contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit
television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner
directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe
conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked
ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons;
inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and
Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of
accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up
barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to
Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or
types reports and/or enters information in a computer using
standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action
Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client
representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or
public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances
and/or as required by the site.
Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat,
flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials,
inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following
procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through
training or certification.
Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within
appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client
standards; identifies client products or materials among items
carried by client employees or visitors.
May train other Security Officers in the performance of duties,
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and
scope as required for the assigned site(s) or within the parameters
of the temporary assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive
preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing
to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and six
months or more of related experience or training.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training,
- Must hold and continue to meet the requirements for any
applicable state, county and municipal license for Security
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished
in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and adhere to a constantly shifting schedule
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to multiple sites and differences in
supervisors and site procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively at multiple client sites, at various social levels and
across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical
and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
- May be required to work rotating shifts or flexible schedules,
to work overtime frequently without advance notice, and to be
available to report to work as needed.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to
communicate with employees and clients, observe and report
incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- Frequent travel and adaptation to different sites, site
supervisors, personnel and procedures.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather
or be required to work in environments or under conditions that
require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of
personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and
Keywords: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc., Bowling Green , Flex Security Officer, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!