Assembler - 3rd Shift Monday Night - Friday Night 10:30pm - 6:30am (15994)
Company: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assemble new and/or replacement parts by operating intermediate
machines and equipment. Must be able to assemble complete
functional units or complex subassemblies from work
Follows written and/or verbal instructions from Supervisors.
- Sets up and performs both hand and automatic assembly
operations necessary for the assembly and repair of components,
sub-assemblies, or assemblies at one or multiple stations.
- Interprets blue prints, drawings, and work orders.
- Sets up assembly equipment by adjusting tools, controls, and
other devices according to procedures and standards.
- Performs and submits first piece for inspection.
- Loads/unloads machines using proper handling equipment.
- Operates equipment to highest production and quality
- Makes necessary adjustments and replaces tools or parts as
- Uses hand tools and gages appropriate to the work
- Supports the training process of new employees.
- Maintains equipment and reports malfunctions and safety issues
to supervisor or maintenance as soon as possible.
- Transports material as required using proper handling
- Keeps work area in orderly condition with respect to proper
materials, tools, equipment, and personal belongings. (Includes
cleaning of equipment, floors, tables, etc.)
- Is responsible for verifying that own work is in compliance
with requirements and corrects errors in own work.
- Repaints or touches-up components or assemblies.
- Set ups and operates greasing equipment to grease components,
sub-assemblies or assemblies.
- Builds containers and packs parts in accordance with packing
- Checks part numbers and places them in appropriate shipping
- Performs and review Statistical Process Control (SPC);
including but not limited to: data collection, charts, and
- Performs record-keeping duties.
- Reports recognized defective material to supervisor.
- Follows all aspects of Standardized Work Instructions.
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and
environmental policies (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop,
and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to
safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Understands current quality policies and procedures (IATF
16949). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate
appropriate action in regard to product quality.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Uses hand tools and production equipment appropriate to the work
Basic blueprint reading required.
Basic shop math required (decimals, addition, subtraction,
Must be able to work in a team orientated environment.
Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and
Completion of high school diploma or GED
One year of experience in a manufacturing assembly operation
environment or other heavy industrial experience.
Attendance on the job is essential.
Keywords: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, Bowling Green , Assembler - 3rd Shift Monday Night - Friday Night 10:30pm - 6:30am (15994), Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!