Operator Technician (31639)
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative,
value-added and recyclable aluminium products for a broad scope of
markets and applications, including aerospace, automotive and
packaging. With 10,000 full-time employees, we operate more than 20
manufacturing sites in Europe, North America and China.
With C-TEC, our world-class Constellium technology center, we
co-create solutions with customers, providing technological and
analytical services. We collaborate with around 50 external
scientific partners aiming at sharing emerging knowledge, exploring
innovative concepts and identifying new talents. Our International
Scientific Council gathers several of the world's top material
scientists to strengthen our technical leadership and innovation
Constellium generated 5.2 billion of revenue in 2015. The
Company is headquartered in Paris (France), with Corporate offices
in Zurich (Switzerland) and New York (United States).
Operator Technician Job Analysis / Description
Operator technicians set up and operate equipment to temper,
anneal, or heat-treat aluminum. Duties include:
- Reads production schedules to determine sequences,
temperatures, and heat cycles.
- Documents times that parts are removed from treatment.
- Sets up and operates machines such as furnaces, baths, flame
hardening machines, and electrical induction machines.
- Determines the types and temperatures of baths and quenching
media needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and
- Removes parts from furnaces after specified times, and air
dries or cools parts in water, oil brine, or other baths.
- Monitors operations to make sure machines and processes are
- Adjusts controls to maintain temperatures and heating
- Tests parts for hardness using testing equipment.
- Repairs, replaces, and maintains equipment using hand
- Participates fully in the team process.
- Consistently follows safe working procedures.
- Full body motion: reaching, bending, turning
- Strength: able to lift 50 pounds to chest height
- Cardio-vascular: Able to perform manual work in an environment
with temperatures up to 110.
- Color vision
- Depth perception
- Peripheral vision
- Normal hearing
- Vision: correctable to 20/30
- Learning Ability. Quickly learns to perform multiple jobs of
- Mechanical Aptitude. Understands physical forces, tools, and
- Troubleshooting Ability. Thinks through problems, identify
critical variables, develops ideas about probable causes, and tests
the validity of those ideas to find a solution.
Keywords: Constellium, Bowling Green , Operator Technician (31639), Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!