Sr Bond Territory Manager
Company: Selective Insurance
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Are you seeking a career with a leading company recognized
for a variety of awards and honors, including being named to
Fortune's 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance
List? Selective Insurance Group, Inc. is a holding company for ten
property and casualty insurance companies rated "A" (Excellent) by
A.M. Best. We provide customized risk management solutions and
value-added products and services that address every customer's
The Sr. Bond Territory Manager manages bond production and
underwriting activities within the New Jersey territory. Oversees
the acceptance, declination and rating of risks while meeting
profitability goals. Establishes and develops agency relationships
for new marketing opportunities in all bond product lines.
1. Markets to agency force, establishing and developing solid
agency relationships. Independently conducts underwriting meetings.
Mediates issues between agents, insured's, and other departments.
Provide exceptional customer service.
2. Evaluates new business and renewal submissions from agency force
to determine appropriateness. Underwrite bond submissions within
delegated authority levels. Prepare and submit concise,
fully-developed underwriting recommendations, as required, for
submission to management.
3. Uses bond system automation and enhancements to improve
efficiencies within assigned territory.
4. Ensures accurate and quality work, while maintaining high
5. Monitors and ensures the achievement of the territory's
profitability goals and keeps abreast of current market conditions
that affect business levels. Acts as a proactive advisor to
6. Assists with the training and cross-training process of other
underwriters. Ensures that agency force is adequately trained and
supported on the use of company systems.
7. Cross-sell with C/L SBU's. Educates and assists AMS staff with
bond production to produce cross-sell opportunities and new
leverage points with agency plant. Communicates with regional
management and other underwriting business units about marketing
activities, successes and issues.
8. Work with RBM to assist in developing territory and region
goals. Support strategic and tactical efforts to grow premium
9. Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory.
Car travel represents approximately 30% of employee's time and a
valid driver's license.
- Broad knowledge of surety & fidelity underwriting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal
and external customers/peers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good standing
and be able to drive an automobile.
- Bachelor's degree in financial-related area such as accounting,
finance, business administration, or marketing preferred.
- 5-8 years of Bond Underwriting experience.
- AU and/or CPCU encouraged, AFSB preferred
Selective is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free
Keywords: Selective Insurance, Bowling Green , Sr Bond Territory Manager, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!