Requisition No: 360183
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-ACADEMIC TEACHER- 70930715 - HARDEE
CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION, BOWLING GREEN, FL
Position Number: 70930715
Salary: $16.28 Hourly
Posting Closing Date: 06/01/2021
- OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT*
Academic Teacher - 70930715
This advertisement is for an OPS Academic Teacher position
located at Hardee Correctional Institution in the Education
Hourly Rate of Pay: $16.28
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops and conducts classes in the assigned
- Utilizes various teaching techniques and activities to assist
students with their educational advancement.
- Responsible for the supervision of inmates assigned to the
- Conducts roll calls, counts and maintains attendance
- Ensures that order and discipline are maintained in the
- Continually evaluates students and makes determinations as to
overall progress. Administer grades and evaluates tests.
- Counsels and advises individuals regarding their program
progress, behavior or personal concerns.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops to
identify needed curriculum changes and to facilitate professional
- Assists in budget preparation and processing purchase requests
for the education program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of
- Knowledge of the principles of human learning, behavior and
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of curriculum
- Ability to teach individuals in a classroom setting.
- Ability to prepare teaching plans, courses, activities and
learning experiences for a variety of students.
- Ability to develop appropriate curriculum.
- Ability to counsel students on academic, social and personal
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations,
policies and procedures relating to classroom teaching.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
When submitting a college/university degree, if selected for
this position official transcripts will be required.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
college or university.
- Must possess or be eligible for a current Professional State of
Florida Educator's Certificate.
- Reading or ESOL endorsement.
SPECIAL NOTE: Non-certified applicants must obtain a State of
Florida Educator's Certificate within 12 months of hire. State of
Florida Educator's Professional Certificate must be obtained prior
to the expiration of Temporary Certificate.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by
the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All
employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
Nearest Major Market: Sarasota