IT Audit Manager in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Req No. 2021-10026
Department Internal Audit
Type Regular Full-Time
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company that
leverages its digital platform to provide responsible consumer
credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are
built on 15 years of proprietary customer insights and billions of
unique data points, Oportun has extended more than 4 million loans
and over $10 billion in affordable credit, providing its customers
with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of
its responsibly designed products which help consumers build their
credit history, Oportun has been certified as a Community
Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Oportun is able to provide affordable and responsible loans to
traditionally unserved consumers, and score 100%of its loan
applicants. Since its first loan in 2006, Oportun has saved its
customers more than $1.8 billion in interest and fees when compared
to other options typically available to people with little or no
credit history. By reporting repayment performance to the major
credit bureaus, the company has also helped more than 890,000
people begin to establish a credit history.
The Internal Audit Technology Manager is responsible for
managing and performing internal audit projects to evaluate the
existing control environment over technology risk. This includes
ensuring that the technology practices comply with policies,
standards, and regulatory requirements and, that best practices are
applied, where applicable. He or she is responsible for developing
audit programs, executing audits, or assigning and directing
staffing resources to complete the audit plans as scheduled,
generating final audit reports for internal and external review,
and conducting thorough follow-up audits on previously identified
issues. In addition to managing all activities of the Internal
Audit Technology group, the Manager will, as needed, manage audits
co-sourced with 3rd party audit firms as well as coordinate and
assist external and regulatory auditors, if needed.
He or she will also conduct periodic risk assessments to support
the annual plan and recommend adjustments to the plan based on
The Internal Audit Technology Manager will work directly with
all internal management levels as well as internal consultants and
external auditors. The candidate should be detail oriented and have
strong organizational and relationship building skills.
His/her responsibilities will also include the following;
- Assist the Sr. Director of Internal Audit in the preparation
and administration of the annual audit plan for technology
- Plan and oversee technology audits and integrated audits to
assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with all
policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain the Internal Audit Risk Assessment up to date.
- Maintain a comprehensive system for recording all audit plans,
work papers, findings, reports, and follow-up audits.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the technology
audit plan. Incorporate agile practices, where appropriate.
- Review audit work performed by staff for completion and
- Prepare and complete detailed audit work for certain
- Conduct audit exit conferences. Draft and issue audit
- Conduct special audits as required by management and issue
- Recommend risk mitigation practices to improve operations as
well as internal controls.
- Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new
business processes, policies and procedures, and provide
consultative services to management.
- Assist with the validation of corrective action plans.
- Identify opportunities to utilize data analytics techniques
where appropriate to evaluate large and complex populations of data
and assist in the build up of the data analytics program.
- Commit to continuous skills and knowledge development regarding
industry trends, emerging risks, and internal audit tools and
- Provide mentoring to other team members, as needed.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles and formulate effective
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with
business and technology partners, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Strive to build institutional knowledge of specific products,
systems, and processes to become a subject matter resource.
- Support the strategy of the company by providing assurance to
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance,
or related required.
- CISA required.
- Minimum 10 years of Internal Audit, IT Controls, Information
Security or a combination of related experience, that includes 4-5
years of project and people management experience.
- Financial services industry experience required.
- Big 4 experience and working in a co-sourced environment a
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and
effectiveness of technology and information security controls.
- Able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication,
exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Able to collaborate with business partners and identify and
address business needs through building solid relationships.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and adaptive
to change very quickly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a balance of skills with common-sense and an
excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Keywords: Oportun, Bowling Green , IT Audit Manager in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!