Medical Office Receptionist - Part Time
Company: Valor Healthcare
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Medical Office Receptionist is typically a PACT team member
in the front office reception area. This position schedules clinic
appointments, in accordance with VA guidelines. The Patient
Services Specialist also prepares and compiles records in the
clinic. This position supports the clinical staff by answering
phones, welcoming patients, and addressing questions. As a team
member, the Patient Services Specialist collaborates with the core
PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and
expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community
based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Patient Care: Actively assists with the administrative support
related to patient care.
- Schedule clinic appointments. Specific responsibilities
relative to scheduling, PCMM assignments; outpatient clinic
appointment recall additions and edits, and making entries into the
Electronic Wait List.
- Check patients in and/or out of the clinic, including
verification or editing of patient information and insurance.
Completes means test and enters results. Maintains patient
- Prints, prepares, and organizes patient check-in list with
medication list for the following day.
- Inputs all patients' information into VISTA/CPRS
- Verifies any and all clinical reminders "due" at the time of
each patient visit are completed prior to check out.
- Answers phones and timely relays messages.
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Any/all other related duties as assigned.
- Compliance: Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of
Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care
(EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Clinical Outcomes: Remain focused on achieving excellent
clinical outcomes through data input accuracy and within the
specified VA guidelines.
- Customer Service: Must provide excellent customer service to
each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional
atmosphere for our colleagues and veterans, ensuring needs and
expectations are consistently met.
- Maintain cleanliness of administrative and all non-clinical
areas at all times and will be responsible for cleaning and
vacuuming all non-clinical areas on days that the commercial
cleaning crew are not scheduled to clean the entire clinic. Monitor
coffee service to insure availability to patients and guests.
- Enrollment Growth: Participate in the clinic's outreach events
to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Save & Recapture: Support patient enrollment and retention in
appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Strategic Initiatives: Embrace and support new initiatives,
whether clinical or operational.
This position is 2 days per week
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent education
- Strong computer skills, EMR experience preferred
- Demonstrated high quality customer service & organization
- Minimum, 1-year experience in a clinical or call center
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Bowling Green , Medical Office Receptionist - Part Time, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!