Process Staff Auditor in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Req No. 2021-10029
Department Internal Audit
Type Regular Full-Time
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company that
leverages its digital platform to provide responsible consumer
credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are
built on 15 years of proprietary customer insights and billions of
unique data points, Oportun has extended more than 4 million loans
and over $10 billion in affordable credit, providing its customers
with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of
its responsibly designed products which help consumers build their
credit history, Oportun has been certified as a Community
Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Oportun is able to provide affordable and responsible loans to
traditionally unserved consumers, and score 100%of its loan
applicants. Since its first loan in 2006, Oportun has saved its
customers more than $1.8 billion in interest and fees when compared
to other options typically available to people with little or no
credit history. By reporting repayment performance to the major
credit bureaus, the company has also helped more than 890,000
people begin to establish a credit history.
The Staff Auditor will be responsible for evaluating financial,
operational and compliance risks and performing testing to
determine the adequacy and operating effectiveness of controls and
the adequacy of transactions.
The staff auditor will:
- Conduct financial and operational audits according to the
Internal Audit plan.
- Analyze operational and management processes, and system
control effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare and present to management the results of testing,
recommendations, and conclusions of the internal audit
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures
by examining records, reports, operating practices, and
- Work independently or as part of a team and clearly transcribe
information obtained into standard work-paper format.
- Prepare narratives, analyses, process flows, tests of
transactions and other supporting documentation to support
- Organize documentation in the work papers to facilitate
- Perform the audit tests as defined in the work programs.
- All other duties and special projects assigned by internal
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or
related field required.
- Minimum of 1- 3 years of audit experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor
is a plus
- Must have a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles and the standards for the profession of Internal
- This position requires approximately 10-25% travel.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical accounting
- Must have the ability to communicate (orally and written)
effectively at all levels within an organization; writing will
comprise a significant portion of this role.
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented
tasks; good written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under fast paced, dynamic and changing
- Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary office
position which requires the Auditor to have the ability to operate
computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move
and carry up to 10 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Oportun, Bowling Green , Process Staff Auditor in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!