Process Sr. Auditor in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Req No. 2021-10028
Department Internal Audit
Type Regular Full-Time
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a financial services company that
leverages its digital platform to provide responsible consumer
credit to hardworking people. Using A.I.-driven models that are
built on 15 years of proprietary customer insights and billions of
unique data points, Oportun has extended more than 4 million loans
and over $10 billion in affordable credit, providing its customers
with alternatives to payday and auto title loans. In recognition of
its responsibly designed products which help consumers build their
credit history, Oportun has been certified as a Community
Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
Oportun is able to provide affordable and responsible loans to
traditionally unserved consumers, and score 100%of its loan
applicants. Since its first loan in 2006, Oportun has saved its
customers more than $1.8 billion in interest and fees when compared
to other options typically available to people with little or no
credit history. By reporting repayment performance to the major
credit bureaus, the company has also helped more than 890,000
people begin to establish a credit history.
The Senior Auditor will participate in internal audit projects
under the supervision of the Audit Manager or Sr. Director of
Internal Audit. Assist in the execution of key areas of each audit
engagement. Develop and maintain client relationships, assisting in
explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised
of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit
results. Stay abreast of company business strategies and the risk
profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit
approach. The Senior Auditor will also perform validation
procedures over corrective action plans and will assist the
Internal Audit Manager or Sr. Director in other departmental
initiatives, as needed. He or she will work directly with all
internal management levels as well as internal consultants and
external auditors. The candidate should be detail oriented and have
strong organizational and relationship building skills.
His/her responsibilities will also include the following;
- Assist in preparation for engagement risk assessment, planning
and audit scope development as necessary.
- Develop work program, in consultation with the manager, for
efficient tests of controls and substantive testing where
- Execute specific areas of a project, performing audit work
using the standard audit methodology to evaluate risk, determine
control objectives, and verify extent to which client techniques
- Document test results in work papers ready for review by the
- Inform audit manager of project status and results.
- Interact with management to assess audit findings including
control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional
skepticism. Keep manager informed of audit findings and assist
business partners with the development of Management Action Plans
to mitigate weaknesses and evaluate adequacy of management's
- Perform testing to validate the corrective action taken by
management in response to audit issues.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of
management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business
activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is
- Possess good written and oral communication skills and
demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the
appropriate level of management.
- Demonstrate understanding of Oportun's and Internal Audit's
strategic vision, be a self-starter, and responsible for actions
promoting this strategic vision.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, management
information systems, or related field required.
- 3+ years of internal audit experience, preferably with a
financial services institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- CIA, CFE, CPA and/or other relevant professional certification
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex
operational and regulatory environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
Keywords: Oportun, Bowling Green , Process Sr. Auditor in Florida | Careers at Remote - Florida, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!