Quality Assurance Manager in North Las Vegas, Nevada | Careers at North Las Vegas, NV
Company: Smithfield Foods
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Locations US-NV-North Las
Category QA/Food Safety
FLSA Status Exempt
Shift 1st Shift
As part of our FS/QA team, you would conduct routine sanitation
checks, ensuring that HAACP and USDA regulations are strictly
enforced. Providing technical expertise to track product from start
to finish, and develop corrective actions when needed. You will be
responsible for ensuring that we are able to safely deliver the
best Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan's Famous, or any of our product
brands to customers and consumers.
Responsible for managing the Plant Quality Assurance Department.
Ensures high quality products that meet customer expectations while
maintaining compliance with USDA/other applicable regulations, as
well as company policies and procedures. Provides solid leadership
to achieve company, plant, and department goals through various
management, evaluation and improvement skills and strategies that
improve overall quality and profitability. Masters and implements
all QA policies, programs and procedures. Manages and effectively
follows up on multiple projects and assignments.
- Responsible for overseeing the QA staff and ensures that all QA
and Regulatory programs are followed, makes sound decisions and
executes quality oversight.
- Executes quality objectives as directed by the Corporate
Quality Assurance Manager, as well as the adherence and execution
of all company policies and programs associated with Foods Safety,
Quality, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Works with QA staff members to prevent process or product
failures. Focuses on continuous improvement of product quality
through the development of quality plans, process controls,
attention to process details and specifications and quality
- Responsible for managing performance plans, work schedules,
vacations, assignments, and special projects as well as training
and personnel development for direct reports.
- Ensures that operational and pre-operational sanitation is
acceptable. Implements and develops necessary verification
activities including micro sampling to verify the effectiveness of
sanitation activities. Ensures GMP and Sanitation audits are
conducted by the department as required with documented corrective
actions and follow-up as necessary. Takes action in response to
negative micro and Shelf Life data to drive improvement.
- Completes reassessments of SQF Quality Plan if:
- addition or removal of processing steps
- Introduction of new product with processing steps not in
currently included in Quality Analysis
- At a minimum SQF Quality Plan is reassessed annually.
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and
maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals
outlined in 2.4.2, the food safety plan outlined in 2.4.3 and the
food quality plan outlined in 2.4.4;
- Takes appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the SQF
- Communicates to relevant personnel all information essential to
ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF
- In the absence of key personnel the employee's supervisor or
qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's
duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of
all required tasks and responsibilities.
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other
duties as assigned.
To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 5+ years' experience in the food
industry; or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles,
food science and meat processing, SPC and statistics;
- Comprehensive knowledge of USDA, FSIS, HACCP, and SSOP
- Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software;
Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software;
QMS system and SAP.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated
multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Quality
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
environment characteristics and physical demands described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include
wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and
heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts,
exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but
can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl and talk or hear.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American
food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000
U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the
world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have
pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades,
including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to
cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the
power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds
of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's
Famous(R), among many others. For more information,
visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook,
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Bowling Green , Quality Assurance Manager in North Las Vegas, Nevada | Careers at North Las Vegas, NV, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!