INBOUND/OUTBOUND MANAGER - PERISHABLE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Company: Dollar General
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to
shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save
time. Save money. Every day! by offering products that are
frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and
beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and
seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood
locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of
October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands,
Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted
manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes,
Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's,
General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications
- Experience in automated retail distribution center
- College degree in business.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution
center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust and noise.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers
and refrigerators for long periods of time.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Oversees receiving or shipping functions. Assists in creating a
strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in
inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops
action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review
prior days performance and to develop action plan for current
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement
Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts
analyses to develop action plans to address operational and
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement
development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and
sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in
development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and
Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for
inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to
- Good (Strong) oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management System
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Team problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Dollar General, Bowling Green , INBOUND/OUTBOUND MANAGER - PERISHABLE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!