$14.50/hr, plus $2000 new hire bonus, see details below
Role pays between $14.50 (Day Shift) and $16.24 (Night Shift) an
Job Summary: The Production Worker is responsible for performing
a variety of entry-level tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Receive direction from the supervisor and notify the supervisor
when more work is needed.
• Maintain the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean,
and orderly fashion.
• Follow all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; and notify
the supervisor of any existing or potential safety issues.
• Follow all standard operating procedures and notify the
supervisor of potential procedural improvements.
• Assist in other work areas when the workload permits or
• Cooperate with and support co-workers and get involved as a team
• Meet or exceed the production standards for the position.
• Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly complete all documentation
related to this position; i.e., production reports, accurate time
• Observe closely the operation of tools and machinery and notify
the supervisor immediately of malfunctions or maintenance that may
• Monitor product constantly to ensure that quality standards are
being met, and reject product that does not meet quality
• Performs related work as directed:
? Feeds the Finish Sander; takes panels from a pallet and places
them under the sander.
? Piling table or belt; take cut blanks from table or belt and
place these blanks on appropriate pallet, sorting these pieces by
size. Blanks weigh 1-2 pounds but because of rapid pace, need to
pick up several at a time.
? Tailing the gang saw; after boards have been cut lengthwise by
gang saw, boards are pulled from conveyor and stacked on
appropriate cart. Boards are 8-16 feet long and up to 3 inches
wide. Sort boards according to size, so need to recognize the
difference between 1¾, 2½, 2¾, etc.
? Lay up panels on the gluer; lay staves together by matching color
and grain pattern. Place these staves on conveyor to be placed in
• Observe closely the operation of any area assigned to, so that
when an operator position becomes available, the skills necessary
to perform that job are mastered.
NOTE: For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised that
there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working
in our facilities.
Shift start: 6:00AM or 7:00PM
Shift length: 10 hours
Day Shift Mon-Thur 6:00 a to 4:30 p OR Night Shift 7:00 p to 5:30 a
-10 hour shift with overtime on Friday as needed
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Must be able to work overtime on Fridays
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 40 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$2000 new hire incentive
New Hires are eligible for a $500 bonus after 90 days, $500
after 180 days of employment and $1000 after one year as long as
they have no final warnings related to safety attendance or
About Quanex Building Products
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its
subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry
worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American
Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North
American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating
glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens;
cabinet doors and other components for original equipment
manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry;
and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar
panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products,
water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.