Forging Press Foreman
Company: Kobe Aluminum Automotive Products
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title: Forging Press Foreman Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: Forging Reports to: Forging Supervisor Purpose: This
position is responsible for directing all operations on shift to
ensure the daily targets for Safety, Quality, Throughput, and Cost
are met for the Forge Department. The foreman shall ensure that all
parts processed adhere to the engineering procedures to deliver the
highest quality possible. In addition, compliance with the
operating schedules must be maintained as this is critical to
meeting customer demands and ensuring material flow is consistent
for downstream operations. General Duties:
- Ensuring consistent basic quality standards and procedures up
and down work chain
- Press management (production schedule, deliveries, product
- Ensures Press utilization is at a maximum.
- Ensures Manpower utilization
- Manufacturing directs and coordinates forging plant operations
based policies, objectives, and programs spanning manufacturing
- Manufacturing improvement/refinement (ensures cycle time
targets are met)
- Ensures all KPI's are met
- Determines performance and product quality and has direct
accountability for that performance.
- Directly works with maintenance to ensure equipment up
- Essential Functions:
- Manage resources within forging area of responsibility to
ensure staffing and equipment readiness levels match business
- Coach and motivate employees. Evaluate employee performance per
PRD system and provide disciplinary action as required per KAAP
- Promotes, maintains, and enforces safe and healthy working
conditions for all employees in accordance with regulatory
requirements and Company standards.
- Assign work according to designated priorities in order to
maintain scheduled completion dates.
- Prepare daily production reports and maintain appropriate
- Maintain good working relationships with fellow foreman,
quality control and inspection personnel, in order to ensure a
continuous flow of required productivity throughout the plant
- Ensure accuracy of QAD system
- Ensure all SOP are followed and not deviated from.
- Other duties as assigned by the Forging Supervisor.
- Understanding and utilization of 5S concept
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited schedule
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Word, Excel
and Power Point
- Working knowledge of QAD systems Requirements:
- 2 year college preferred and 5 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Heavy Manufacturing shop floor experience required. Powered by
Keywords: Kobe Aluminum Automotive Products, Bowling Green , Forging Press Foreman, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!