Company: Ervin Cable Construction
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Overview and Essential Functions Summary of Position: A
successful Aerial Laborer shall assist the assigned crew by
furnishing tools, materials, and supplies; cleaning work area,
machines, and tools; holding materials or tools for other workers;
and performing traffic control duties as directed by the crew
leader. At a minimum, the position requires familiarity with hand
tools, ladders, and vehicles and the functionality of each.
Essential Functions: In order to perform this job, you must
demonstrate, either by training or experience:
- the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;
- the ability to work standing, at shoulder height and overhead,
for extended periods;
- the ability to lift and manipulate lasher and other cable
- excellent manual dexterity;
- the ability to follow instructions and communicate verbally and
- the ability to fully understand and operate equipment,
including, an aerial lift device, lasher, and hand tools;
- Completion of low level labor intensive tasks in support of an
- Completion of daily production reports to document work
- Use of hand tools, ladders, and equipment to assist in the
completion of an assigned project.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and work areas
in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Additional Duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Prior work related experience.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (Wrenches,
Drills, Ladders, Lanyards, Fork Lifts, Saws, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and motor
vehicle record checks. Workplace Environment and Physical Demands:
To be considered for this position, a candidate must possess the
ability to climb and work aloft either from a ladder or aerial lift
device or by gaffing, and stand or walk for long periods, while
using repetitive and/or fine hand movements. Work is performed
outside in all weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold,
and precipitation, and in rugged terrain such as back easements,
rural locations and at active construction sites. Periodic lifting
and manipulating plant and equipment up to 75 pounds is required.
Noise level can range from moderate to loud and from intermediate
to constant. There may also be extensive driving and/or long
periods away from the home location. Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays Who we are We are a company united
in our vision of connecting America. Our culture is grounded in and
shaped by our values. These values act as our behavioral compass
and guide how we interact with each other, our customers, and the
communities in which we operate. Across our teams, we strive to
treat each other with respect, value different perspectives and
experiences, keep our and others, safety top of mind, and uphold
the highest ethical standards. Our company supplies the single most
critical resource telecom service providers need: skilled people.
We serve the nation from more than 50 field offices and are
unparalleled in scope and scale. Our talented workforce of over
1,500 employees provides a wide array of specialty services
including construction, engineering, underground facility locating,
fulfillment, and program management. We provide opportunities for
our people to learn and develop the skills and knowledge to be
successful in their current role as well as to prepare them for
future growth within the company. Join us! EEO Our Company is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected
veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against
any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The
Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's
policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws
respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring
decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the
Law poster and the Supplement. ( ) The Company also does not
consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment
and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to
disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Keywords: Ervin Cable Construction, Bowling Green , Aerial Laborer, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...