Resp Care Practitioner PRN
Company: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: June 11, 2019
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Greenview Regional Hospital, Bowling Green, KYRespiratory Care
Our Mission- Above all
else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human
For us, it's all about
people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our
employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by the
volunteer hours we provide annually, industry leading patient
scores, and defined pathways for the personal as well as
professional growth of
our employees. Our dedication has to awards of recognition
named a World's Most Admired
Company by Fortune
Magazine. Are you looking for an
employer with many different career options and a people-focused
You've come to the right place.
A few of the benefits we
Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging
Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9%
match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock
- Full Medical,
Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of
Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:Long-established as an important part of
Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint
Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green,
Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded
Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain
Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program
featuring Blue Distinction-- designation for hip and knee
The Respiratory Care Practitioner performs a variety of technical
procedures that require rational independent judgment, ingenuity,
and initiative in performing routine and critical care
cardiopulmonary procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of
disease. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into
care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Participates in
performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality
improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that
fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement. Cares for
Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 -
79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of
care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas
equipment such as masks, high flow oxygen devices and bipap
- Collects and analyses arterial blood gas samples.
- Assembles, performs verification check, and operates
- Performs EKGS testing and processing for interpretation.
- Performs electrode hook up for Holter Monitoring.
- Performs EEG, PFT, and Bronch Assisting as appropriate.
- Responds to emergency team calls.
- Educates patients and family members on therapy that is
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees
through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety
- Graduate of approved (A.M.A.) Respiratory Therapy program.
Completed NBRC Certification as RRT or CRTT
- Active State licensure.
- New employees have up to 90 days from date of hire to obtain
the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider.
- Ability to perform work that requires prolonged, extensive or
considerable standing/walking; frequently lifts, positions, pushes,
and/or transfers patients; walks with patients; frequently moves
supplies and equipment requiring moderate physical effort
lift/carry/push/pull up to 50lbs.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Basic computer skills
Keywords: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL, Bowling Green , Resp Care Practitioner PRN, Other , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!