Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) 1st Shift Mon-Fri
Company: Red Classic - Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 2, 2021
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
1st Shift Monday - Friday
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B), located in Bowling Green, KY, is
responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty
customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, reefer trailers and
trailers with liftgates) which includes routinely performing
preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure
efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will
perform job duties independentlywith little to no supervision &
must be equipped with personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech
(B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel
Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all
structural, body and mechanic parts of a trailer, reefer trailers a
plus. Must be proficient with brakes, drivelines and mechanical
engine components on tractors. Strong electrical experience with
the ability to diagnose & repair all electrical systems, up to and
including emissions and engine components. Must possess basic
computer entry (PC) skills.
* Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous
experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 3-5 years
verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* CDL A preferred but NotRequired.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 21 years old
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Red Classic - Maintenance Mechanic, Bowling Green , Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) 1st Shift Mon-Fri, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!