Maintenance Mechanic 1
Company: Macy 's
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Macy 's is proudly America 's Department Store. There 's a reason
we 've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join
Macy 's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires
Online sales are booming at Macy 's. Our Distribution Center teams
are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make
sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer 's
doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot
goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an
online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get
it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the
country and around the world.
It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that
happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but
not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory
control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset
protection, and many more. Whatever role you play - we value you as
a colleague. Choose the challenge that 's right for you!
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on material handling
equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical
equipment to include but not limited to carton conveying equipment,
pallet conveying equipment and physical building structures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to
diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or
to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of
malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and
- Disassembles, inspects and performs routine repairs and
rebuilds of defective parts on all equipment associated with the
- Required to install or recharge batteries for any
battery-powered material handling equipment.
- Required to repair and maintain PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks)
- Required to perform Preventative Maintenance task for Battery
Changers and Facility Sweepers
- Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a
safe working environment at all times.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines,
and may paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Performs basic electrical tasks associated with but not limited
to replacing motors, fuses, and switches.
- Operates shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting
torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Capable of working under the guidance of other team
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine
- Reports the usage and replacement of equipment and
- Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of
OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLO Safety program
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two
years of commercial or industrial mainte
- Must communicate with Shuttle office staff, Fleet Maintenance
Adm., Receiving dock staff, Big ticket management and carriers and
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility
except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a
monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but
not limited to the size of the facility and the number of
colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for
testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same
workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent
extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be
completed within 24 hours of notification.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for and here to .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for
Keywords: Macy 's, Bowling Green , Maintenance Mechanic 1, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!