Maintenance Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus!!
Company: Freeman Webb Company
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 23, 2023
SummaryResponsible for the overall maintenance of the physical
plant, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and
Property Manager. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesInclude the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all types of maintenance projects.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as appliances,
fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform plumbing work such as cleaning stoppages, replacing
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals,
fixtures, appliances, draperies and locks.
- Paint, interior and exterior.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows,
replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping,
vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas
and in vacancies when necessary.
- Assist in grounds work when necessary, including grounds
- Repair concrete, masonry, roofing and fencing, when
- Train other staff members.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening,
weekend and holiday coverage.
- Be responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance
- Assist the resident manager in scheduling annual apartment
inspections. Be responsible for refurbishing of apartments prior to
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the
manufacturers recommendations and operating manuals.
- Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas,
performing repairs and janitorial assistance as scheduled.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs, all
apartment and fixture cutoffs, sewer clean-outs, and post a map of
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked, and adequate
lighting in those areas is maintained.
- Have knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their
services, goods and prices.
- Assist in apartment follow-up inspections.
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies and materials, assure
workshop/storage areas are organized, clean and safe.
- Concern for work-safety programs.
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than strictly
repair maintenance; i.e. janitorial, custodial, gardening,
- Ability to assist the resident manager in any area where
Qualification RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and/or ExperienceHigh
school diploma or general education degree (GED); prior maintenance
experience or experience in related field. Language SkillsAbility
to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to read and write
English. Mathematical SkillsMust show basic understanding of math.
Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsMust have a valid driver's
license and be insurable. Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Must be
able to climb stairs and ladders and reach heights of 8 feet with
the aid of a ladder. No fear of heights (24 feet or more). The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus. Work EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently
exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally
works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places
and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Freeman Webb Company, Bowling Green , Maintenance Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus!!, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!