Certified Surgical Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Certified Surgical Technician you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar
Greenview Regional Hospital which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.$15,000 Sign on
Bonus for qualifying candidates with at least 1 year of experience
- 2 year commitment required.
BenefitsTriStar Greenview Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Certified Surgical Technician where your passion
for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Surgical Technologist is an active
member of the team in the Operating Room. The Surgical Technologist
functions under the direct supervision of the OR nurse. He/she is
responsible for the sterile field, instrumentation, sterile
technique, and other tasks required during the procedure. . The
Surgical Technologist supports hospital mission, values and
visionsThe tasks and responsibilities include:
- * Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and
employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and
- * Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- * Prepares sterile instrument table.
- * Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- * Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- * Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- * Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- * Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- * Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- * Maintains work area.
- * Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- * Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- * Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- * Orients and mentors new staff members.
- * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program or equivalent
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Surgical technologist students may be hired prior to graduation
(within 3 months of graduation). Upon graduation, verification of
completion of requirements will be verified. Failure to complete
graduation requirements can result in termination of the
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).TriStar Greenview Regional
Hospital is a 200+ bed facility serving Southern Kentucky and
surrounding areas. Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top
Performer on Key Quality Measures, TriStar Greenview is a national
leader in providing quality healthcare. Home of Kentucky's first
CardioMEMS HF System, we are also an accredited chest pain center
that provides state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing
heart failure. The facility is also a Certified Primary Stroke
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Certified Surgical Technician opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Bowling Green , Certified Surgical Technician, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!