Company: Magna International
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Number: 53688 Group: Cosma International Division: Bowling
Green Metalforming Job Type: Permanent/Regular Location: BOWLING
GREEN Group DescriptionCosma provides a comprehensive range of
body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers.
Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling
capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring
lightweight and innovative products to market.
Role Summary This position is responsible to plan necessary
material and production related activities to ensure efficient and
uninterrupted production and flow of product to our customers. This
position is responsible for scheduling, tracking, and reporting on
material issues as they relate to scheduling of production as well
as inventory levels and on hand quantities as they relate to their
area. Key Responsibilities
- Know and understand Bowling Green Metalforming Quality and
- Follows and supports and Magna's operating principles,
- Magna Employee Charter - Operating under its principles by
treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and
- Abide by BGM policies and procedures as described in the most
current version of the Team Member Handbook.
- Open Door Policy - Solves issues with two-way, open and
- 5S - Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the
philosophy "Everything has a place. Everything in its place".
- Safety First - Obey the plant's safety rules and procedures by
wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety
concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class
- Core values - Treat all team members equally, fairly, with
dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any
other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive
attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Follow and abide by all government and legal rules and
- Contribute to continuous improvement, problem solving,
corrective actions and cost reduction activities to assist BGM in
meeting targets and goals.
- Establish and maintain communication with other
- Ensure customer (internal and /or external) requirements are
fulfilled on time through scheduling, inventory management, MRP and
communications with the customer.
- Ensure customer systems are answered in accordance to customer
- Track production and forecast trends to help predict future
- Monitor inventory levels on all related production material to
protect production and reduce costs.
- Audit production rates, standard pack quantities, scrap
factors, and cycle times to more effectively capture standards for
scheduling accuracy, manpower, and costs.
- Monitor and/or maintain all required SAP data including, but
not limited to, MRP data, rate routings, work centers, production
versions, BoM consumption, ECN changes and schedule
- Develop and communicate schedule requirements to all affected
departments and tracks each department's contribution to the
- Develop capacity plans, recommending overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required. (This job description in no
way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this
position. Team members will be required to follow any other job
related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by
their leader) Key Qualifications/Requirements Education and/or
- High School diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education in Materials Management, Business or
Engineering preferred, or related experience Knowledge, Skills and
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum of 1 year experience Scheduling/Planning in a
manufacturing environment preferred
- Operate standard office equipment preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Possess knowledge of the MMOG, Ford Certification process
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Mathematical skills. These qualifications represent the minimum
requirements of the position. Team Members will be required to
possess the ability and aptitudes to perform the duties
proficiently. Additional Information Competencies
- Accountable Physical Demands
- Office and General factory environment
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order
to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and
non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Possible Shift Work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and
occasional bending and stooping. Awareness. Unity. Empowerment. At
Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International, Bowling Green , Production Planner, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...