Overnight Production Supervisor
Company: PROAMPAC Careers
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Come work at a place to build your future and be an integral
part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing industry! We are
an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at our White House,
WHO WE ARE
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a
comprehensive product offering. We provide creative packaging
solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning
innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We continue to grow and
would love for you to join our team!
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive
to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business
culture. We value the connections we've created, and our employees
feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully.
ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science
will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers,
supported by our five core values - -Integrity, Intensity,
Innovation, Involvement, and Impact -- that foster a culture of
speed, simplicity, and self-confidence. By joining us, you become
an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced,
exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for
professional and personal growth.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360
initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program
designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their
personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community
involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a
basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable
eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) with exceptional company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar
- Free life and short-term disability insurance
- Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
- Tuition reimbursement -
- Career growth and development opportunities!
Directs and coordinates, through subordinate personnel, activities
concerned with production of company products, utilizing knowledge
of product technology, production methods and procedures, and
capabilities of machines, equipment, and personnel.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees implementation of procedures and monitors quality,
production, and waste.
- Plant walkthrough with supervisors between shifts to discuss
any issues or hot items.
- Maintain goals of machine production, quality, waste, plant
safety, and cleanliness.
- Complete final job approvals on daily production runs.
- Coordinate routine maintenance checks of machines for
preventative maintenance and repairs needed and writes maintenance
work orders, if necessary, to ensure efficient operation of
- Communication of production schedules established by Production
Planner with previous and following shift.
- Monitor and track daily attendance of all employees on
- Check unavailable roll stock report on a daily basis
- Implements and maintains training program for
- Maintains a working knowledge of the policies and procedures in
company handbook and enforces when necessary.
- Completes performance reviews of employees in a timely
- Conducts monthly safety and quality meetings with
- Verifies that daily housekeeping tasks are completed.
- Oversees other departments when supervisors are
- Participates in rotation of supervisors to ensure weekend
coverage within the plant.
- Assist in the generation of multiple reports from
- Oversees and maintain upkeep of production equipment
- Communicates with Customer Service Department to answer
questions on production capabilities.
- Reviews jobs for appropriate specifications and the
department's ability to run them when new orders are being
- Assists operators when needed in maintaining and adjusting
- Researches items that may lead to a more efficient operation
(i. e. new equipment)
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures
designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product
quality in ones' area of responsibility and continually monitor
them to ensure they are effective.
- Answering customer complaints through the analysis of bags,
drafting a resolution, reviewing the measures with work crews, and
educating crews on quality standards.
- Attends supervisors' meeting with Plant Manager to discuss
complaints, quality, monthly goals, and other concerns.
- Assesses need for staffing and assigns weekend crews and
- Initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers,
discharges, or disciplinary measures.
- Complete accident reports and send employees for medical
treatment when necessary.
- Confirmation of job specifications on production runs in
- Ensure that materials are staged for production for oncoming
- Accountable for team-work and team development
- Coach's employees in all areas of work to promote a productive
- Plan, organize, and execute the assembly plan to complete the
schedule; on time and complete to provide the highest degree of
customer service possible
- Inspect and monitor work areas and employees' behaviors for
unsafe acts or unsafe conditions and take corrective
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to
achieve positive results in all areas
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention,
performance review and discipline.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas
of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- College degree with 2-3 years' experience in a printing or
packaging related field, OR 5-7 years' experience in a printing or
packaging related field.
- Able to work Overnight 7pm-7am (working every other
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (i. e. Excel, Word,
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to all levels
of the organization
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturin
Keywords: PROAMPAC Careers, Bowling Green , Overnight Production Supervisor, Professions , Westmoreland, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!