IT Systems Analyst - 1st Shift
Company: Magna International
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job Number: 62023 -Group: Cosma International - -Division:
Bowling Green Metalforming -Job Type: Permanent/Regular -Location:
BOWLING GREEN -Group DescriptionCosma provides a comprehensive
range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global
customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding
tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to
bring lightweight and innovative products to market.Role Summary
The Network Systems Analyst is responsible for designing,
configuring, optimizing, and supporting the total network server
environment including Active Directory, SQL, Hypervisors, Storage
Area Networks, Network Switching and Routing, Software Distribution
Systems, and Disaster Recovery. Key Responsibilities
- Know and understand Bowling Green Metalforming Quality and
- Follows and supports and Magna's operating principles,
- Magna Employee Charter - Operating under its principles by
treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and
- Abide by BGM policies and procedures as described in the most
current version of the Team Member Handbook.
- Open Door Policy - Solves issues with two-way, open and
- 5S - Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the
philosophy "Everything has a place. Everything in its place".
- Safety First - Obey the plant's safety rules and procedures by
wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety
concerns. -Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class
- Core values - Treat all team members equally, fairly, with
dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any
other meetings as required. -
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive
attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility. -
- Subject matter expert for Microsoft Active Directory, Group
Policy, and Software Distribution Systems.
- Design, configure and maintain a hybrid Microsoft Active
Directory and Azure Active Directory Domain consisting of 500 user
accounts, 600 computers.
- Configure and maintain a VMware cluster with 50 Microsoft and
Linux-based servers ranging in duties from file shares to
application servers, SQL, and shop floor data collection.
- Configure and maintain NetApp storage appliances providing
block-level storage and CIFS share services.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the integrity of the Cisco IP network
infrastructure, including wireless networks and industrial
- Provide recommendations and assist in migrating services to
Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Design and maintain the Data backup system as it relates to the
Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Manage vendors/contractors to install and implement new network
cabling and equipment.
- Lead and/or support new and existing production projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned. (This job description in no
way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this
position. Team members will be required to follow any other job
related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by
their leader) - Key Qualifications/Requirements Education and/or
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred, or related
- Relevant industry certifications in lieu of preferred degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience as a Systems or Network
- Microsoft Server Roles including Active Directory, IIS, and
- Storage Area Networks
- Cisco routing and switching
- Wireless Network Administration
- IP Telephony
- Software Distribution Systems
- Group Policy
- Azure Cloud and Amazon Web Services
- Certifications including VMware, NetApp, Cisco, CompTIA
Network+, Comp TIA A+, MCP preferred Additional Information
- Accountable Physical Demands
- Office and General factory environment -
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order
to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and
non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Possible Shift Work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and
occasional bending and stooping. - Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International, Bowling Green , IT Systems Analyst - 1st Shift, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!