Company: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
GreenviewMedical Center --- Bowling Green, Kentucky
Our Mission- Above all else,we---re committed to the care and
improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you willfind that
caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities
weserve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient
satisfaction scores, theover 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually, and defined pathways for the personaland professional
growth of our employees. Our dedication has led to awards
ofrecognition including being named a World---s Most Admired
Company byFortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employerwith
many different career options and a people-focused culture?
You---ve come tothe right place. HCA at aglance
A few of the benefits we provideyou:
- Corporate and Facility Driven Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness --
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial
About thisFacilityTriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a 211-bed
facilityserving Southern Kentucky and surrounding areas. Recognized
by the JointCommission as a Top Performer on Key Quality
Measures--, TriStar Greenview is anational leader in providing
quality healthcare. TriStar Greenview offersemergency care,
cardiology, orthopedics, neurology, and surgical services. Homeof
Kentucky's first CardioMEMS--- HF System, TriStar Greenview
providesstate-of-the-art cardiac care to patients managing heart
failure. The facilityis also an Accredited Chest Pain Center and a
Certified Primary Stroke Center.--
The Surgical Technologist isan active member of the team in the
Operating Room.-- The Surgical Technologist functions under
thedirect supervision of the OR nurse.--He/she is responsible for
the sterile field, instrumentation, steriletechnique, and other
tasks required during the procedure. .-- The Surgical Technologist
supports hospitalmission, values and visions. Cares for
Neonate/Infant (0-12 months)--Pediatrics (1---17 years)Adults (18
--- 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).--
The tasks andresponsibilities include:
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees
throughidentifying/correcting/reporting health and safety
- Assemblessupplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Preparessterile instrument table.
- Preparespatient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintainsaseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead tobreaches in aseptic technique.
- Providescomfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transportspatients to and from surgical suite.
- Positionspatient according to type of surgery.
- Assiststhe surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments,sponges and sutures.
- Maintainswork area.
- Gathersequipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assistsin the monitoring of the patient through the
- Providesage and culturally appropriate care.
- Orientsand mentors new staff members.
- FollowsStandard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required.Qualifications Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech Program or equivalent
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Surgical technologist students may be hired prior to graduation
(within 3 months--of graduation). Upon graduation, verification of
completion of requirements will be verified. Failure to complete
graduation requirements can result in termination of the
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 25 pounds
- BLS certification (new employees have up to 90 days from date
of hire to obtain the American Heart Association BLS for healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: TriStar Greenview REGIONAL HOSPITAL, Bowling Green , Surgical Technician, Professions , Bowling Green, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!